Monday, September 14, 2009

Old Groaners

I just got to see a sneak peak early film festival screening of the new Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman film, Old Groaners, about two aging men trying to make sense of today's fast paced world. Here are some of my favourite lines, this one looks to be an instant classic.


"Oh, the internet? Is that the number twelve that keeps flashing on my VCR?"

"Oh yeah, by the way, why is it always twelve o'clock at my house? it's twelve o'clock every second. What the?"

"The internet? What a bunch of wires!"

"Who is Jessica Simpson? Is she like Homer Simpson? Who is Homer Simpson?"

"Text message? Like a typewriter?"

"Alarm clock? I just get woken up by that terradactyl. What happened to that terradactyl?" (email me for full list of dinosaur jokes)

"Frank Sinatra was good, more good than both of those new types of music."

"What time is it? 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12. What the?"

"I'm so new and hip, oh wait, I so need a new hip."

"Geez, I can't find my spectacles. Oh they're on my head."

"I can't find my car keys, Oh they're on my head."

"Oh, my car is so old, it's one of those old timey cars."

"Look at all this medicine, I take more pills than all the dreams I have about Ava Gardner. That's alot."

"My three least favourite words? Arth. Right. Us. Wait, arth isn't a word, never mind."

"Oh, sick means good now? Ok, give me the sickest lobster you have. I want to eat a very sick lobster."

"When I was a kid if you wanted to go into space, you just went into a space."


Old Groaners, Columbia Tristar Ent. Ltd. 2009

6 comments:

Georgia said...

i so need a new hip.

hilarious.

Vargas said...

You're surpassing yourself. Old Groaners is first rate comedy. "Oh they're on my head."

Sugarduk said...

Arth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e66UEFkEXNQ

Jennifer said...

i feel sorry for the fans who only read yr blog jokes that pink cell phone prank was pretty pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

don't feel sorry for us; we're doing okay; we'll get along all right with just the blog...somehow...

twiggy said...

tom henry revealed to the world as a part time prop comic...